The BRICS Council of Exercise and Sports Science (BRICSCESS) is an international professional organization consisting of professors, researchers, students, institutions, affiliates and other membership groups in exercise and sports science as provided for in this Constitution. The specific areas of Exercise and Sports Science that BRICSCESS will focus its operations on include (but is not limited to) Exercise Physiology, Health and Fitness, Sports Biomechanics, Sports Psychology, Sports Nutrition, Sports Medicine, Kinanthropometry, Rehabilitation sciences, Sports Pedagogy, Sports Management, Social Sports Science, Sport History, Physical Education, Adaptive Physical Activity, Leisure and Wellness, Sports Training, Sports Technology, Traditional Sport, Olympic Education, Dance Science and related areas such as Sport for All.
The BRICSCESS shall endeavor to carry out these purposes by:
- Promoting teaching, learning, research and collaboration in the areas of exercise and sports science; facilitating international exchanges between researchers and students in BRICS; and assisting young scholars/graduate students in conducting applied research in exercise and sports science;
- Organizing conferences, seminars, workshops, symposiums, round-table discussions and training courses with English as official language on exercise and sports science;
- Publishing resources and literature related to exercise and sports science;
- Establishing links with other institutions and organizations involved in exercise and sports science activities;
- To establish an active and sustainable “Future Leader/Volunteer (FLV) Program”;
- In general, to carry on any and all multi-interdisciplinary approaches to promoting exercise and sport science and health in a holistic manner in pursuit of its main purpose.